I have been reading Fredrick Eklund’s book The Sell! I say I have to agree that one of the most important items a successful women or man can own is a nice watch. He says a watch is like a billboard. It is something everyone looks at and appraises. It does not have to be $10,000 or more type of watch, but it should be a nice watch that you can wear with pride! One that fits you!
Fredrick loves a woman that wears a big bold watch! She says I’m a woman in a mans world, and I rule it! So back off!
Yes! Bold watches give us a sense of power. I just love all the different styles to choose from. It’s much easier than ever to find a nice watch at a discounted price. I will be sharing later some great places to find watches, that you will just love!
There are a few different scarves to pick from. I thought it would be a good idea to have a list, so when you are shopping for scarves you will be able to find just what you are looking for. There are 6 shapes and styles of scarves that I have found..called:
1. Rectangular shaped scarf- Is one of the most popular. It is easy to wear, just wrap around your neck. These scarfs can be knitted, to light weight silk type. These oblong scarves are fun to try different ways to wear them. Knotting them for a cool look.
2. Square Scarves- I really love these scarves on warmer days. They are a light silkier fabric’s that have super cool designs. Very Classy! The square scarves are not as easy to wear, but I will be sharing some videos on how to style these cool scarves!
3. The Infinity Scarf – Are generally a heavier type scarf worn with jacket or coat. You can also find them in lighter silk types materials also. The Infinity scarf looks like a large loop, that you double around your neck. You can take a rectangular scarf and tie the ends together and make it into an infinity scarf !
4. Wrap or Shawl Scarf – Are also known as a Pashminas. Are rectangular in shape, are little heavier material that is usually worn with outerwear, or formally out on the town with a coat. I have seen a lot more wraps coming out like the ones below, that would be great to wear anytime! Even wearing the wrap scarf as a head piece. Which looks really cool! When wearing as a shawl, this can be done by draping over one or both shoulders.
5. Scarves with a Fringed edge – I’m going to guess they are called Fringed Scarves. They can be found on square, wrapped, or rectangular shaped scarves. The extra long fringe is very cool looking. Wear with a white T-Shirt, jeans, and jacket! Some of the sca a a ves even have beads added to the fringe, for a added touch!
6. The Blanket Scarf – This great looking scarf started making a come back in 2014. Is much bigger than the wrap or shawl, and is worn as a casual look. Great for cooler weathered days. There are many ways to wear the blanket scarf. I will be sharing that is my blog posts. Hope you have enjoyed this article about how many scarves there are out there. How the can add to any outfit.
This nice square scarf comes in 20 different colors and designs. Great for spring!
Click on the scarf to see all the colors and styles for only $7.99! Please leave a comment below..Thank You!
Blanket scarves are right up my alley. Because anyone who knows me knows I always wear layers of clothes to keep warm. At my house watching T.V. love to snuggle up with a blanket. So when I saw these cool plaid blanket scarves…Perfect! I can now go downtown wrapped in a blanket scarf to keep me warm, and at the same time, look stylish…Yea!! Just check out these plaid scarves at ILYMIX. They have a lot already sold out. I can see why very cool looking! https://www.ilymix.com/collections/blanket-scarves
Shoe Tart Style is about the trends that look good and feel good whether it is a shoe, scarf or watch. Even though you think of a blanket scarf as something you wear, maybe more in the chiller weather you can wear the blanket scarves during spring months also. I found some great blanket scarves on Etsy! I would say the 55″ by 55″ inch are a great size for spring because you can wrap the scarf around your neck. Looks bold and not too bulky.
It was just a matter of time before we would start seeing mixed match shoes! First, it was the solid colored bikini top, with bottom colored design, or visa vera that everyone was wearing…Now its wear a black boot with a brown boot. Not sure if I like this trend or not. I think wearing a light blue sneaker with a white sneaker would be cool and fun! But not sure about wearing two different colored high heels…hmmm! What do you think? Has anyone tried this trend yet?
I first saw this on the runway, and I was like..What? I knew right away it was something we are going to see more in the fashion magazines!
So how did this mismatched shoe trend get started? Well! Phoebe Philo decided to send her models down the runway wearing gIt green sandal paired with a yellow sandal of the same shoe! Red boot paired with a white boot, and so on. Here is Youtube video of Paris Fashion week, Celine show. As always these models makes this trend look as normal as ever. Check it out!
Also, I read that sports athletes have been wearing mismatched shoes, which should really get this trend going. But if you are brave and like to try out the latest trends before anyone else, this is the one to try! Not very many people know about this yet. 🙂
Just like the classic little black dress that we are told is a must have in every women’s wardrobe, so are certain shoes. Here is a list of the top 12 you should have. Now some of these shoes can be a combination of two styles if you just don’t have the budget to have every one of the 12. But..it sure would be fun to try! So! Without further ado!
1. Black Pumps – Classic as the little black dress, that is why these shoes are first on the list. Around 1960’s is when the heel was lowered to what we see most women wear today. The Stiletto’s of the 1950’s were beautiful, but not comfortable for a long day at the office.
2. Pointed Pumps for instant sophistication are your go to heels. Pointed pumps look great with jeans. You can get them in leather or suede. Stylist and shoe fanatic Stacy London says there’s no better place to start then a Pointed pump. Don’t let the extra point of the shoe fool you. The width of the shoe at the widest part remains the same as a shoe without the pointed toe.
3. Ankle – Strap Sandals for a longer leg! Who does not want a longer leg? Long legs look beautiful. The little strap around the ankle can give a little more support and add a touch of sexy! You can get this shoe with a lower heel for more comfort and less sex appeal. Whatever your style this shoe, would be one you would want to wear. If you do want a fuller looking leg, then go with a wider ankle strap, and smaller strap for a thinner looking leg. The pink suede ankle strap shoe below has the lower heel. If you want long legs for miles look, go for a 4 to 5-inch heel. Like the shoe at the right…Which I love!
4. Sleek Ankle Boot will add a bit of edge to any outfit. Wear these with jeans or a dress for cool sleek look. I love the rich leather look. These boots can be pretty comfortable.
5. Luxe Loafers is a high-end run around shoe. A men-inspired shoe that replaced the ballet flat. Smart and business like shoe.
6. Ballet Flats sometimes called Dolly shoe are derived from the famous ballet shoe. The shoe can have a small heel or nothing at all. Get the right flats and your feet will be happy all day. 🙂
7. Animal print Heels…Love these shoes! There fun, sheek, and sexy! They love amazing with jeans, skirt, or dress. The Animal print heels come in everything from Leopard, Zebra, Snakeskin, Giraffe, Cheetah, and more. So whatever your taste you can find a print that will add a bit of pizzaz to your outfit.
8. Metallic High Heels another favorite. Just Love these Metallic colored shoes! Rich looking and fun to wear. The most popular colors are silver, gold, and rose gold, which is very Hot right now! Great shoe for the evening out.
9. Short Staked Heels are great for daytime when you need to look nice but don’t want to be to dressed up. They have a wider heel that is usually more comfortable than the thinner heeled shoes. The term stacked heel refers to the heel layered construction. Has the look of stacked wood. Also are called boxed heels.
10. Casual Sneakers one of the most comfortable shoes of all. We all love to run around in our comfy sneakers. The perfect weekend shoe you can wear with jeans, shorts, skirt or even a dress. Until now wearing sneakers with a dress was a No..No! You see more girls wearing sneakers with a dress in the urban jungle. Make a fashion statment with these cool designed shoes.
11. Flat Sandals are a must have summer shoe, to wear with that perfect floral dress that you love to wear. Flat sandals can be comfortable and stylish. So many designs, colors and, material to choose from, you will never get bored with this cool shoe!
12. Last on our list is a fall/winter favorite, the Tall Flat Boot! I love the Equestrian look of boots that are in style now. Fine leather boot are very classic. These boots look great with a blazer or little jacket.
Please leave a comment below. What is your favorite shoes? Must Haves?
I have wondered about this myself. About how to use the word scarf or scarves. Does one mean a type of scarf? Or do you say scarves when you’re talking about more than one piece, and scarf when you are just talking about one.
I guess neither are right. The original and most used was scarfs before the 20th century. After that, it lost popularity and people started using the word scarves. One reason could be because the word scarfs can be used to say ” he scarfs his food down”.
So when talking about the pretty material we use to add a bit of class, flair to an outfit we would use the most popular word Scarves.
This September took a mini vacation to wonderful Sun Valley! The one thing I love to do there is to check out all the little shops. Especially the consignment stores! They have so many great ones, with so many name brand items. I always find something, that I absolutely love!
First consignment store I always go to is in THE DOLLHOUSE in Hailey, ID . The owner is awesome! She is so nice, fun and super cool! Here is a pair of really pretty stilettoes, that are such pretty colors that seem to go together so well. The DollHouse even ships! Here is her web site:
Next on the list is in Ketchum, Idaho we have some very good consignment stores to check out!
Starting with Consign Design 333 1st ave, N. Ketchum they have designer apparel and accessories! Lots of fun items to look at, try on.
Gold Mine Consign – I have found some great designer finds here. Clothes, watches, and shoes. This last year I bought a pair of really cool looking Oxford heeled shoes! There a metallic reddish/brown. Gold Mine Consign is located at 591 4th st. east, Ketchum, Idaho.
Gold Mind Thrift Store – Is always fun! Little harder to find real nice things, but still very much worth a stop. They sell everything from clothes, and accessories to golf clubs, book, dishes, and furniture! Located 331 Walnut Ave, Ketchem, ID.
Worth Repeating – This store is probably my favorite store! She is always super nice, has items on sale. But everything is priced very reasonably. Like the shoe’s below brand name Schuz…made of fine wood type material, with detailed carvings. Like nothing, I have ever seen.
Worth Repeating also has great furniture items, pictures, dishes, and more! Super fun and neat store to find treasures of every sort! They are located at – 471 N. Leadville Ave, Ketchum, ID 83340
Barken Basement – Is a great little second-hand store! Why? Because all their proceeds go to help the Wood River animal shelter! That is AWESOME! They will usually have a few animals up for adoption in the store when you go in. The store is full of all kinds of items, clothes, shoes, jewelry, books, dishes. Just about anything you can think of. Here is the web site – https://animalshelterwrv.org/ Check them out! They are off Main Street in downtown Hailey, Idaho.
This next store I am going to tell you about is by no means a discount or thrift store. The Store is Deja Vu! Only word to describe Deja Vu..IS FABULOUS! If you are looking for Channel, Gucci, or any top designer brands, your chances of finding them here are very good! We’re not talking new…talking vintage or lightly used at fraction of the price! The owner Suzy does carry few new items. If you are looking for a pair of cowboy boots..Wow! She has big selection in all colors, and they are fancy! Deja Vu is located at 511 Leadville Ave, Ketchum, Idaho. I did not get any pictures because when I went she was closed. I think gone to an Estate Sale.
Even though I can not afford to buy anything in the retail stores. I do love to look! Went to the shops in the village by the lodge. Really nice shops like Brass Ranch Village! Where you will find trendy and classic apparel for men and women. Fun to go in and browse around looking at the high-End fashions they have in this nice store.
Sun Valley Signature Gift Shop is a favorite. Really nice gifts from clothing, jewelry, books, kids toy, and more….Items are more affordable but still high quality.
Next stop Panache! They had a race horse scarf, that I just loved! $500….Ugh Yea! I did get a few pictures of some awesome Italian high heels Brunello Cucinelli! Leather suede strappy heel. Don’t remember the exact cost..aound $600. Few other brands they carry are Diane von Fürstenberg, Velvet, Juicy, Joie, TSE, Goldsign and more.
Here are some scarves that they had on hand, that were very nice. Light and colorful would go good with a spring, summer outfit for just a bit of class by Carlo Scanagatta! Pretty Impressive for store in Idaho! If you don’t know about Carlo Scanagatta, his is an Italian craftsman! A master of layering colors. He first would print his design’s on photographic paper or canvas, then when pleased with his work, he would put the art on fine fabric. Each Scanagatta scarves are dated limited – edition, collectible design, that carries the artist’s signature in one corner of the design. Wow! That is Impressive, to say the least.